Oracle connection problem on Talend Data Integration

Sometimes Oracle database connection fails in Talend

I created a couple of Talend batch jobs by using Talend Data Integration v6.4.1. What the job does is that it connects to Oracle10g and retrieves data and put it into a CSV file. This is automated by a cron job, but the job sometimes fails due to Oracle connection error.

I suspected a network issue or a firewall rule issue, but I had no issues on the network. The job fails once every 5 times and got a database connection reset exception, or sometimes so slow to establish Oracle database connection.


Root cause

I googled and found the following article. Since the issue was caused by secure random issue of Oracle, I need to try to implement the solution in the Talend Data Integration. I am not sure why Oracle doesn't fix the issue......

https://kb.sos-berlin.com/display/PKB/ORACLE+IO+exception+-+Connection+reset+or+Timeout+reached+-+30s+-+for+process

How to fix the Oracle connection issue

In order to solve the issue, I just added the following parameter into JVM setting as the following image files, then redeploy the job.
-Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/./urandom

(English mode)


(Japanese mode)

I have not been getting any Oracle connection errors for approximately last 2 months and establishing Oracle database connection is much faster than ever. This is what we have to set if you are connecting to Oracle database.